From the latest Google Livestream on October 16, 2019, we learned some tips in order to spruce up our holiday marketing plans. The holiday season is a great time for small businesses to attract new customers and bring back previous ones and following these tips for your businesses Google my Business can help.
1. Update Your Holiday Hours — During the holiday season the search rates for “open now” and “store hours” are at an all time high. In fact, on Christmas Eve, searches for “store hours” is the highest of the year. Updating your seasonal store hours on your Google my Business is an important tool in order to direct traffic to your store.
2. Create a Short Name — You can create a unique short name for your business. This short name will be connected to a URL link for your business, making it easier for customers to learn more about your business.
3. Add Photos (Use your Phone) — Adding media to your Google my Business listing is made easy, by using your phone to upload photos and videos. Businesses that have photos on a search results page are 90% more likely to have customers visit their business.
4. Write a Post — Creating a post for your business will make you more appealing to potential customers and helps you in Google search rankings.You can write 4 different types of post for your Google my Business page:
- What’s New – Create a post about anything new going on in your business that will help customers learn more about what you offer.
- Event – If your business is hosting an event, posting it on your Google my Business page is a great platform to get it out to customers.
- Offer – Any current offers or promotions that would be interesting to potential consumers can be posted here.
- Product – Popular or new products that your business is offering can be displayed here in order to easily show up in Google search results.
5. Set Up a Welcome Offer — When people follow your business on Google, they will see your updates, offers, and photos across Google and in their “For You” stream in Maps.
Search engines are a huge driving force behind holiday shopping, 83% of last-minute holiday shoppers use a search engine related to their shopping. It is also shown that 78% of holiday shoppers turn to online searches before visiting a store in person. Google my Business could be a huge driving source for your e-commerce this holiday season. If you are looking for any more tips or help in order to increase your Google ranking and improve SEO for the upcoming holidays, contact 3PRIME today!